Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Painting with a Twist!

SO- most of you have probably heard about these places where you can go to do a piece of art, and bring along your own wine and snacks, right? I think the most popular one is named Cork and Canvas. However, while looking up information on it to plan a night, I found that there is one in Lawrenceville, like 5 minutes from my house :) It's called Painting with a Twist. Located in downtown Lawrenceville.
My friend and I wanted to do this a night another friend was coming in town, but it didn't quite work out that way, it ended up being just us two- but it was a blast!
I looked up the calendar online and found a night we both could do it, that had a painting we wanted to do. Worked out perfectly for the night we wanted to go, they were also featuring an awesome piece to do.
Because we were bringing wine, we had my Michael drop us off, then the husbands would pick us up after. Seeing that it was so close to home it was an awesome idea :)

It is no secret that I am NOT an artist. Never had an artistic ability at all. I was a little worried about the whole painting thing. The instructor quickly put my mind to rest.
This was by far one of the funnest things we have done. As adults ;)
I can't wait to do it again! Check out our fun night!
*Not sure how this was going to turn out!
 *Quickly learned I am not a swirler, blotter, or sporadic person- I paint in lines.



 *Well that turned out 1000x better than I expected!
 *Me with my finished product!
 *I think we did pretty good for painting virgins!
 *Same painting- 2 styles- 2 different endings- both amazing!
*My artwork is now hung right beside my patio door in the kitchen!  
 
If you haven't done it before- DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment