Sunday, August 14, 2011

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I have always loved this scripture. From the very first time I heard it!
A friend of mine facebooked it a few weeks ago, and I remembered why I love it SO much!
I also having it hanging in my bedroom! Great place for it, daily reminder!
For those of you who are not familiar with it, it is as follows...

Love is patient
Love is kind
It does not envy
It does not boast
It is not proud
It is not rude
It is not self seeking
It is not easily angered
It keeps no record of wrongs

Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects
Always trusts
Always hopes
Always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I try to remember to read this everyday. It is hard to follow every line, REALLY hard, as we are all human.
But whenever I feel like I am not being the best 'wife' or mommy that I have potential to be, reading this reminds me of what I am doing wrong, and what I need to work on.
If every man or woman used this as their guide to marriage, there would be no divorce.
It is so sad to me how common it is for woman  to be married so many times, and have failed marriages over and over again. The only conclusion there can be, is there wasn't enough LOVE.
This is THE definition to real LOVE.
Do you have it??

2 comments:

  1. I liked this post a lot, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this, my dad read it as part of his speech at our wedding :)

    ReplyDelete