Sunday, November 21, 2010

Challenged Week- need to vent!

Let me just begin by saying, I have been nicotine free for 10 days now! woot woot! I tried the patch for 2 days, and got really sick on them, so I went cold turkey! With that being said, I will say this. I would not have wanted to live with me this past week! lol. I feel so bad for Michael. I haven't been the best wife (even though technically I am not a wife, ACTUALLY technically I AM a wife, legally I am not, yeah there we go i like that!)
On top of quitting smoking, and dieting, I started pmsing, ALL within a week of each other! I don't normally admit fault very well. But this time I am more than willing to admit it! I have been SO snappy. Everything bothers me, nothing is clean enough, no one listens to me, no one helps me do anything, no one appreciates what I AM doing, blah blah blah. Not that all of that is true. But that is how I felt ALL week.
This pic was them being silly, but I am sure it is how they felt about me too LOL)


One awesome thing this week did happen! We took the girls to the Christmas wonderland at the Fair Grounds. It was awesome! The lights were beautiful! The girls got to ride a pony, feed sheep, jump in bouncy houses, see santa, roast marshmallows, and have hot chocolate! It was so much fun!!



This weekend was pretty awesome too! Friday I got my nails done, did some Christmas shopping, exchanged some jeans I had bought for a size SMALLER (7lbs down!), took girls to the mall, then we all went to dinner! Score! Saturday was Abigail's party with her cheerleaders at Stars and Strikes. My mom kept M&M so Michael, Me, and Aaliyah could go with her. It was alot of fun, and they both had a blast!

Then the girls spent the night at my Moms fo some much needed Nana time! Michael and I went ahead and took on grocery shopping for Thanksgiving. Seeing that I am going to be SUPER busy this week, I had no idea when I would be able to shop! I am so glad it is over with now. $102.53 on nothing but stuff for Turkey day! Jeeezus. And I still had to by groceries for the rest of the normal week too! Next week will ALL be leftovers! lol

This week is going to be such a challenge. I hope I can hold up, without losing my mind or becoming 'bitchy' again. To start with, while at the nail shop on Friday I learned that my children don't have school AT ALL this week. Not the traditional off Wed, Thurs and Fri for Thanksgiving. This week they get the WHOLE week off. Which is all good and gravy for them, BUT I made my work schedule for Mon-Wed!! And as you probably know, Michael works nights. He doesn't get home until sometimes 4-5am. Then on days I work he gets up with babies all day when girls are in school. Well now he is going to have all 4 home everyday! Eeeeks!
I have worked out for the big girls to spend 1 day with my aunt, and 1 day with a friend. But that still means alot more running around for me!
On top of ALL of that. We decided to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year at our home! Which I am really excited about! I have a great menu planned! But I am a little concerned about having everything ready on time to eat! Seeing that I am working Mon-Wed, plus Wed night, I am not going to have much time to do any pre-cooking. AND I am completely OCD about my house being spotless when people are coming over. So I HOPE everyone KEEPS it clean during the week. I am not going to have time to clean the whole house AGAIN. But I have faith in myself. I can do this =o) As long as the food is served and the family is happy, I will be happy!!
We are having some of Michael's family over so I will be feeding 5-6 adults and 8 kids. Here is my menu- Tell me if this sounds yummy to you! =o)


Meat:
Fried 20lb Turkey (Michael's job)
Baked Hens

Sides: (all completely HOMEMADE, by me!)
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Stuffing
Dressing
Collards
Mac&Cheese
Cranberry Sauce (ok-that is canned)
Dinner rolls

Desserts:
Pumpkin Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
Aut-YUM Leaves (for kids)

So tonight, I am going to do as much laundry as I can, finish up cleaning as much as I can, then BREATHE, drink a cup of cider (BTW, warm apple cider is my new addiction.. it's much tastier than a cigarette!) and get ready for a crazy, fun-filled, family-filled WEEK ahead!

I hope everyone of you have a great week, and a fabulous Thanksgiving =o)

This year I am thankful for such an amazing family, who make me smile daily!!


I had to add this adorable picture of Maggie snoozing away. Lol. What a peaceful life babies have. =o) I am so thankful to have 4 beautiful precious angels I call daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment